In Korean dramas with the fantasy genre, they usually don’t go far with the theme of legendary stories from the country of ginseng, where the main characters are mythological creatures from goblins to jeoseung only.
The following are actors and actresses who have been supernatural beings in Korean dramas who were able to become best-selling series titles and won several prestigious awards.
Also Read: 10 Western Movies About Mythological Creatures, Make You Amazed!
1. Gong Yoo managed to become a charismatic dokkaebi or goblin in the series Guardian: The Lonely and Great God
2. IU successfully played a woman who was cursed to live eternally or an immortal being in the fantasy drama Hotel Del Luna
3. Just being a jeoseung or a mysterious grim reaper played nicely by Lee Dong Wook in the drama Goblin
4. The enchanting mermaid can be described by the talented actress Jun Ji Hyun in the Legend of the Blue Sea series
5. Shin Min Ah plays the iconic gumiho or nine-tailed fox in the drama My Girlfriend Is a Gu Mi-ho
Continue reading the article below
Also Read: These 10 Mythological Creatures Are Based on True Stories, You Know!
6. In the Doom at Your Service series, Seo In Guk is able to play the character Myul Mang or the intermediary of human messages to gods
7. Imoogi or giant snake is told in the drama Tale of The Nine-Tailed, played by Lee Tae Ri very attractively
8. Nam Da Reum plays the impressive Mul-gwishin or water ghost in the Hotel Del Luna series
9. Cheonyeo Gwishin or the virgin ghost in the drama Oh My Ghost was played well by Kim Seul Gi
Of the nine characters of Korean mythological creatures such as goblins, jeoseung only and gumiho, which actor and actress do you think has the most impression on playing the mythical creature character?
Also Read: 10 Tense Actions by Korean Actresses Against Fantasy Creatures in KDrama
IDN Times Community is a medium that provides a platform for writing. All written works are the sole responsibility of the author.