South Korea is known to have a strong alcohol drinking culture, whether it’s every time you get home from work or during a celebration. However, because of this culture, traffic accidents often occur because the driver is under the influence of alcohol Driving Under Influence (DUI).
Several Korean artists have also driven under the influence of alcohol and were caught by the police. There are those who decide to go on hiatus until they leave their projects, look at Korean artists who have been entangled in DUI cases.
1. Kangin, a former Super Junior member, was famous for the DUI scandal twice in 2009 and 2016
2. The video of ZE:A’s leader Junyoung when he was caught by the police because of the DUI case was spread on YouTube and had made netizens curious because his face was blurred
3. Lizzy, the former After School, created a public commotion by crying and apologizing via Live Instagram for hitting a taxi while driving under the influence of alcohol.
4. Jun. K 2PM was caught by the police because his alcohol content reached 0.074 percent while driving
5. Another 2PM member, Nichkhun was involved in a traffic accident in Gangnam due to drunk driving in 2012
Continue reading the article below
Also Read: What is Dispatch, the Media that Subscribes to Dismantle Artist Dating Scandals?
6. Actress Park Si Yeon was also hit by a DUI scandal with an alcohol content of 0.097 percent so she could withdraw her driver’s license
7. Youngmin was hit by a DUI scandal until comeback AB6IX had to be withdrawn and he left the group
8. Kim Hyun Joong, who was planning to get married, also had a DUI case and the scandal grew because he was proven to lie about his statement regarding his mileage
9. Actor Bae Sung Woo finally decided to leave the drama project Delayed Justice in the middle of the production process
10. Gil ex-LEESSANG has also been hit by DUI cases twice in 2014 and 2017
All of these artists are finally responsible for their behavior that is detrimental to society. Hopefully we can learn from our previous mistakes, OK!