When playing a role in a film, Hollywood celebrities always try to show their best appearance. But on several occasions, Hollywood celebrities have to change their appearance in order to play a character who has characteristics that are opposite to him. In order to deepen the role, these celebrities undergo drastic transformations to resemble the image of the character as much as possible.
Some celebrities are willing to cut their hair, gain or lose weight, to wear clothes that support the portrayal of the character to be more perfect. Although almost unrecognizable, the efforts of this Hollywood celeb are certainly admired by fans.
1. In 2010, Kristen Stewart played a musician rock Joan Jett in The Runaways. As a famous musician in the era of the 1980s, Joan Jett has a distinctive style emo and gothic which is identical to outfit all black. While filming, Kristen Stewart totally followed the musician’s signature style, from hairdos, clothes, to accessories.
2. In the film I, Tonya, actress Margot Robbie changed her appearance to resemble ice skating athlete Tonya Harding. For the sake of her role, Margot Robbie put on makeup and an ice skating costume a la 70’s inspired by Tonya Harding’s original fashion.
3. Emma Stone played tennis athlete Billie Jean King in the film Battle of the Sexes in 2017. Not only gaining weight, in the film Emma Stone also barely wore makeup and always appear in sports clothes that resemble the athlete’s original costume. Emma Stone also wears the hairstyles and glasses that were popular in the 1970s.
4. Lily James changed her sweet appearance to be sexy wearing tight and skimpy clothes for her role as Pamela Anderson on the series Pam & Tommy.
5. Totality, Rooney Mara looks drastically different when playing Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Originally has a minimalist and simple style, in this film Rooney Mara relies on style emo and gothic wearing fake piercings, all black clothes and hairdo punk.
6. Cate Blanchett played Queen Elizabeth I in the film Elizabeth which was released in 1998. For the sake of exploring the role, Cate Blanchett wore distinctive makeup, wigs and even hair. neck ruffle identical to the appearance of Queen Elizabeth I.
7. Anne Hathaway is willing to cut her hair to play the character Fantine in the musical Les Misérables. Anne Hathaway even allows stylist to cut her hair just in time for filming. As Fantine, Anne Hathaway also wears clothes that depict the life of the character.
Also Read: The Famous Hollywood Celebrity Style With Similar Faces
Also Read: Hollywood Celebrities Who Have Played Disney Princess Characters
Also Read: Comparison of ‘Bond Girls’ in Movies vs Real Life, Still Sexy?