What’s new: Today, Intel completes the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ mobile processor product line by officially launching the 12th Gen Intel Core P-series and U-series processors. Designed for incredible performance and superior productivity, these 20 new mobile processors will power the next generation of thin-and-light laptops.
The first devices will arrive in March 2022 with more than 250 laptop models coming this year from Acer, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, LG, MSI, NEC, Samsung, and others.
“After the launch of our fastest mobile processor specifically for gaming, we are now expanding our lineup of 12th Gen Intel Core processors to deliver an incredible leap in performance for thin-and-light laptops. From ultra-thin form factors to enthusiast-grade performance in sleek designs, we deliver leading-edge performance and cutting-edge technology to consumers and businesses alike.”
– Chris Walker, Intel corporate vice president and general manager of Mobility Client
About 12th Gen Intel Core Mobile Processors: Like other 12th Gen processor families, Intel’s latest mobile processor for thin-and-light laptop designs is based on Intel’s performance hybrid architecture featuring a combination of Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores).
From video calls, web browsing, to photo editing, workloads are intelligently placed on the right cores at the right time, for optimal multitasking with Intel® Thread Director on Windows 11.
Taking full advantage of the performance-per-watt built-in Intel 7 process technology, the 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processor for thin-and-light laptops, will deliver:
- Latest core architecture up to 14 cores (6 P-cores and 8 E-cores).
- Intel® Iris® X e integrated graphics with up to 96EU.
- Extensive memory support for DDR5/LPDDR5 and DDR4/LPDDR4.
- Incredible improvement with 70 percent faster multi-thread performance.
- Almost double the 3D rendering improvements – ideal for creators on the go.
- Superior productivity performance with up to 30 percent faster photo editing capabilities.
- Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) for enhanced wireless performance, responsiveness, and reliability.
- Thunderbolt™ for the fastest, simplest and most reliable cabling solution to any dock, display, or accessory.
- Intel IPU 6.0 for high image quality and power efficiency, for a better video conferencing experience.
About Intel Evo, Third Edition: Under the new third edition specs, laptop designs with the Intel® Evo™ badge will undergo the most workload intensive, real-world testing to ensure a superior video conferencing experience, in addition to outstanding responsiveness, instant wake, true battery life and fast charging. .
The Intel Evo laptop with 12th Gen Intel Core is optimized for multitasking – while maintaining connectivity, picture quality, and great sound for making group video calls.
Through in-depth co-engineering efforts with 150 ecosystem partners, it is expected that there will be more than 100 verified Intel Evo systems this year, including for the first time a laptop with a foldable display and design with the 12th Intel Core H-series.
Intel’s co-engineering and real-world testing was extended to accessory partners this year through the Engineered for Intel Evo program. Several brands of Thunderbolt monitors, docks, storage, and Bluetooth headsets that will join the ranks of advanced accessories already in this program include Poly, Anker, Kensington, Dell, HP, Belkin, Samsung, Sabrent, OWC, and others.
“The circumstances of the past two years have had a profound transformational impact on all of our lives where PCs are playing a bigger role than ever. This has ushered in a new era of PC use,” said Panos Panay, executive vice president and chief product officer at Microsoft. “With Windows 11 and the latest 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors, you can expect higher performance to power up
productivity and inspire creativity.”