Leonardo Bonucci could not hide his annoyance after the controversy surrounding the open-air bus parade in the Italian capital, Rome.
INDOSPORT.COM – Leonardo Bonucci could not hide his annoyance after the controversy surrounding the open-air bus parade in the Italian capital, Rome.
The Azzurri are looking to celebrate their Euro 2020 title trophy when they fly back to Rome from London on Monday (12/07/21).
Local authorities claim they only allow closed buses, hoping to minimize the number of people who will gather while there are still COVID restrictions on social distancing. However, Bonucci and the FIGC managed to get an open bus instead.
Controversy has raged since then and Bonucci joked he would ‘threat’ the local authorities in Rome if they did not allow the march.
“I was on the wrong job track. Never mind football, I should be in politics. I will be a good Minister of the Interior,” Bonucci told the newspaper Il Foglio as reported by Italian Football.
Leonardo Bonucci seemed excited because the open foam parade he did with the Italian squad had received permission from the authorities.
“Let’s be clear, the whole delegation asked for an open top bus and saw that the closed bus was blocked and there were already people on the streets. Authorities approved the open-top bus, and said they would be able to handle the situation.”
Leonardo Bonucci stressed that his party would not do anything without the permission of the authorities.
“We would never have dared step up to order the authorities, who I imagine evaluating what happened at Piazza del Popolo the night before and then the effect of our journey through the city,” said Leonardo Bonucci.
The 34-year-old defender also quipped loudly at the behavior of some Italians who he considered to be blaming people. “Everyone has their own role. Unfortunately, it is the custom of Italians to blame others.”