Almost everyone wants to have a body slim and flat stomach. To make it happen, not even a few people are willing to spend big by undergoing surgery. In fact, there are many ways to shrink the stomach naturally that can be donetry.
In principle, the more calories that enter the body, the more physical activity or exercise that needs to be done so that these calories are not stored as fat in the body.
Actually how to shrink the stomach is not difficult to do. As long as it’s done regularly and consistently, a healthy, balanced diet accompanied by exercise is the main key to losing weight and getting a flat stomach.
Easy Steps to Shrink Stomach Naturally
So that your dream of getting a slim stomach can come true, try the following ways to reduce your stomach:
1. Don’t miss breakfast
For the sake of a slim stomach, some people choose to reduce their daily calorie intake by not eating breakfast. In fact, skipping breakfast will only make the body feel weak and increase appetite during the day.
Apart from making you more energetic throughout the day, breakfast also helps you reduce cravings snack until lunch time arrives. Choose a healthy breakfast menu, such as boiled eggs, bananas, yogurt, smoothies of vegetables and fruit, or drink warm green tea in the morning with a few biscuits.
2. Portion control
Eating small portions but often is also effective for shrinking the stomach. You can start by reducing the portion you eat at least half of the usual portion.
3. Increase your intake of fiber and protein
Increasing the consumption of foods rich in fiber and high in protein can keep you full longer, control your appetite, and prevent the accumulation of fat in your stomach.
Some types of foods that are a source of fiber are wheat, oatmeal, and fruits and vegetables, such as avocados, apples, mustard greens, mangoes, guavas, and cabbage. While food sources of protein include lean meat, fish, eggs, and nuts.
4. Reduce the intake of simple carbohydrates and processed foods
Another natural way to shrink the stomach is a low-carb diet. Avoid simple carbohydrates, such as sugary foods and drinks, starchy foods, and fast food, because they can increase belly fat.
Instead, choose foods that contain complex carbohydrates. In addition, don’t forget to drink enough water and avoid consuming foods that contain lots of salt (sodium/sodium).
5. Replace bad fat intake with good fat
In addition to increasing belly fat, saturated fat intake is also not good for heart health. Avoid consumption of oily foods and limit consumption of dairy products that are high in fat, such as cheese and margarine. Instead, you can eat fish, avocado, and nuts.
6. Regular and disciplined exercise
Regular exercise for at least 30 minutes every day is an effective way to reduce belly fat naturally. Types of exercise that you can do include walking, joggingaerobics, yoga, pilates, and cardio exercises.
In addition, you can also try some exercise movements to shrink the stomach, such as:
This movement aims to tighten your abdominal muscles. How to do this is as follows:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on your chest or behind your head.
- Slowly lift yourself toward your knees until your shoulders are about 8 cm off the floor.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower your body slowly.
- Do this movement 12 times.
This movement aims to tighten both sides of the abdominal muscles. The trick is:
- Lie down with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your palms behind your head.
- Pull your left knee towards your chest while lifting your body until your left knee meets your right elbow.
- Do it on the other side alternately 12-15 times (counting 1 set), up to 2-3 sets.
The goal of this movement is to tone your abdominal muscles and lower back muscles. The method:
- Keep your body straight and face down towards the floor resting on your elbows, forearms and toes.
- Keep your legs and torso straight and your hips raised, so that your head and heels are in a straight line.
- Make sure your shoulders are perpendicular to your elbows and tighten your abs.
- Breathe in and hold this position for 5-10 seconds, then slowly lower your body to the floor. Repeat this position 8-10 times.
In order for a healthy diet and exercise that you do to be more effective to shrink the stomach, live a healthy lifestyle, including getting enough sleep every night, not smoking, and dealing with stress well.
Another thing that needs to be understood is how to shrink this stomach takes time. Therefore, you need to do it patiently and don’t give up quickly because you don’t see results right away.
If you have certain medical conditions, it is advisable to consult with your doctor first before doing how to shrink the stomach naturally, either with exercise or diet. This is important to prevent the occurrence of risks that can have an impact on your health condition.