TRIBUNNEWS.COM, KYIV – Seven people were reported killed after Russian soldiers opened fire on a convoy of Ukrainian women and children.
The incident occurred during the evacuation of women and children from the village of Peremoha, near the city of Kiev.
According to Ukrainian military intelligence reports of the seven people who died, one of them was a child.
“A convoy of civilians, particularly women and children, was fired upon by the invaders,” they said.
Currently, efforts to evacuate civilians continue to be carried out in the midst of fighting that took place around Kyiev City and other cities.
Currently humanitarian corridors are being prepared from Mariupol, Sumy and cities and villages outside the capital Kyiv.
Read also: 13,000 Ukrainians evacuated from Ukrainian city, not one Mariupol
Local officials said fighting was still ongoing and there was a constant threat of air strikes.
Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk revealed that around 13,000 Ukrainians had been evacuated through the humanitarian corridor on Saturday.
However, no one can leave Mariupol.
Read also: Answering Russia’s Allegation, UN Claims to Find No Evidence of Biological Weapons in Ukraine
The United Nations said the situation in Mariupol was very worrying after two weeks of bombardment.