SM Entertainment is one of the major artist agencies in South Korea. In its journey, SM Entertainment has debuted many singers and singers idol group.
SM Entertainment is an agency of musicians and groups idol famous names such as SES, Shinhwa, TVXQ, Girls’ Generation, f(x) and many others. However, over time, singers and idol this left SM Entertainment due to contract expiration and other reasons.
After leaving SM Entertainment, these K-Pop idols joined a new agency and started acting in Korean dramas and films. They have also transformed into popular South Korean artists.
Here are 9 ex idol KPop SM Entertainment who became a popular South Korean artist.
1. Performing well in the drama series Penthouse, artist Eugene debuted as a member of the group SES in 1997 and disbanded in 2002
2. Acting debut in 2003, Eric Mun has starred in dozens of Korean dramas. Until now, Eric Mun is still active as a member of Shinhwa
3. Before becoming an artist, Jang Na Ra debuted as a singer under SM Entertainment in 2001
4. Will be making an acting comeback in the latest drama titled Why Her (2022), Seo Hyun Jin was once part of SM Entertainment in the MILK group
Also Read: 10 K-Pop Idols Who Are Big Fans Of Other K-Pop Groups, One Fandom With You?
Continue reading the article below
5. Comedy specialist, Hwang Jung Eum, also started his career as a K-Pop idol from the SM entertainment group Sugar in 2001
6. After leaving TVXQ and SM Entertainment, Kim Jae Joong has starred in several popular KDramas, one of which is Protect the Boss (2011)
7. Choi Sooyoung chose to leave SM Entertainment and focus on acting. He joined the Saram Entertainment agency in 2019
8. Make Girls’ Generation, Seohyun, also left SM Entertainment and joined the Namoo Actors agency in 2019 to focus on a career as an artist
9. After leaving SM Entertainment, Krystal joined the H& Entertainment agency in 2020. Comeback acting in the drama Crazy Love, here
Some of the nine artists above, chose to leave SM Entertainment because they wanted to focus on a career as an artist. However, there are also reasons that are not publicly disclosed.
Starting his career as idol made by SM Entertainment, the 9 artists above have transformed into popular South Korean artists and actors. Success always, yes.
Also Read: These 10 South Korean Actresses Turn 40 in 2022
IDN Times Community is a medium that provides a platform for writing. All written works are the sole responsibility of the author.