Landmark is an iconic building or monument that exists in a place as a picture of the place to become the hallmark of each. Of course, Indonesia itself has several cities with certain landmarks.
No just as landmarks, but sometimes it also has its own history you know, Bela. Now, here are the cities in Indonesia that have landmarks typical.
1. Monas or Monas Monument is located in Gambir, Jakarta. With a height of 132 meters, this monument to commemorate the services of this hero has become the identity of the capital city of Jakarta
2. Jam Gadang is located in Bukittinggi, West Sumatra. Landmark This was because of a gift from the Queen of the Netherlands to Rook Maker, the secretary of the Bukittinggi area which was formerly known as Fort de Kock
3. Surabaya has Landmark Sura Fish and Baya, this statue depicts the fight between Sura Fish and Crocodile
4. Yogyakarta no only famous for its tourist and culinary cities, this city has landmarks Jogja Monument. Located at the intersection of Jalan Jenderal Sudirman and Jalan Margo Utomo, this monument is almost three centuries old
5. Borobudur Temple is located in Magelang, Central Java. This building was once the seven wonders of the world too you know, Bela. So, no I am surprised that these stone reliefs, statues and stupas have become Indonesian icons
6. Tugu Muda which is located in Semarang is also a landmarks iconic. This monument was built to commemorate the struggle of the youth in the Five Day Battle in Semarang
7. Menara Kudus, which is located in Kudus, Central Java, was built as a legacy of Wali Songo when he spread Islamic teachings in Java with the supervision of Sunan Kudus
8. Ampera Bridge means “The Mandate of People’s Suffering” which is located in Palembang. The bridge which was established in 1965 stretches over the Musi River which is the longest river in Sumatra
9. Garuda Wisnu Kencana, Bali has gained popularity since its inauguration on 22 September 2018. Landmark With a height of 120 meters, it depicts Lord Vishnu who is riding Garuda
That’s 9 landmarks Cities in Indonesia. Check it out, which ones have you visited but didn’t realize it was landmarks historic?
Read also: 10 Cities with the Hottest Temperatures in Indonesia, the heat makes emotions
Read also: Endangered, these 10 unique and rare animals only exist in Indonesia
Also Read: These 10 Indonesian Cultures Make South Koreans Surprised