CANTIKA.COM, Jakarta – All women really want clean, healthy and glowing skin. Unfortunately, some people experience dull skin problems which usually look unhealthy, not bright and have black spots.
The causes vary, such as dry facial skin, lack of vitamin C, exposure to UV rays without protection, and lack of exfoliation. Internal factors such as unhealthy eating patterns, drinking less water, and lack of sleep can also trigger dull skin.
Special care needs to be taken so that dull skin becomes bright again. But it turns out that caring for dull skin is not difficult, see the tips below, as quoted from BeautyHaul’s official statement, Wednesday 16 February 2022.
1. Clean facial skin by washing your face regularlyFor the first step to have bright skin, of course we have to wash our faces regularly to keep our skin clean. Clean facial skin will help the good content in skincare products be absorbed optimally. You can wash your face twice a day, before and after activities.
Regarding products that will be used regularly, it is important for us to pay attention to the quality and content. Choose a face wash that has a light texture, does not damage the skin barrier, is safe and comfortable for the skin, and is clinically tested.
2. Strengthen the outer skinThe skin barrier is the outermost part of the skin that provides comprehensive protection to the deep layers. This layer functions to keep the skin healthy and moisturized. Damage to the skin barrier can cause the face to become dry which in turn will trigger premature aging and facial skin becomes dull.
Therefore, taking care of the skin barrier is important so that its function runs properly so that the skin can absorb the benefits of the products we use and in the end will brighten the facial skin. Optimize skin barrier care with moisturizer.
3. Routinely treat your face with products containing vitamin CThe vitamin content in this citrus fruit turns out to have its own properties for treating facial skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can be used directly on facial skin to treat and treat skin problems caused by sun exposure. This is because the antioxidants in vitamin C can fight free radicals which are one of the causes of skin damage. As a result, the skin will become brighter and more radiant.
4. Discipline to wear sunscreenSunscreen is a skin care product that must be used every day. It is said to be mandatory because it has many benefits for facial skin health in the long term. The benefits of sunscreen for the face are not immediately felt, but the effects can be felt in the long term.
In addition to protecting from the dangers of ultraviolet rays, sunscreen is also useful so that the skin avoids black spots that can make the skin dull. It is important for us to use sunscreen properly so that the benefits can be felt, how to use sunscreen as much as two fingers and reapply every two hours, or more often if swimming or sweating a lot.
5. Exfoliate your face regularlyDead skin cells that accumulate is the main cause of the face becomes dull. Therefore, in addition to cleaning your face every day, it is also important to exfoliate regularly twice a week. But keep in mind, the frequency of exfoliation must be adjusted to the condition of each skin.
If you have sensitive skin, you can exfoliate less than twice a week. By exfoliating, dead skin cells and blackheads that are not removed when washing your face can be cleaned.
Read: 5 Tips to Overcome Skin Damage from the Sun