Paris Fashion Week is known as one of the shows fashion week largest in the world, in addition to Milan Fashion Week, London Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week. In addition to involving world designers, Paris Fashion Week is also a place to show designs haute couture, whirring atelier and dramatic theatrics.
It has been held from year to year, there are several fashion show which steals the attention. Because of its popularity, the row of fashion show This is one of the most iconic moments in the history of Paris Fashion Week.
1. Paris Fashion Week was first held in 1973 with the formation of the Fédération Française de la Couture and opened with the Battle of Versailles Fashion Show involving world designers such as Yves Saint Laurent, Emanuel Ungaro, Christian Dior, Hubert de Givenchy, Oscar de la Renta, Halston , Anne Klein to Bill Blass.
2. After designing cone bra Madonna who was iconic in 1990, Madonna surprisingly appeared naked exposing her breasts in fashion show Jean Paul Gaultier 1992.
3. Logo-mania that is starting to trend in the industry fashionStella Tennant performed in runway Paris Fashion Week 1995 using bikini super small with Chanel logo details.
4. In 1997 John Galliano debuted as the leader of Chistian Dior by involving his friends who are supermodels to appear in fashion show from Naomi Campbell to Eva Herzigová.
5. The Spring/Summer 2010 collection titled ‘Plato’s Atlantis’ was Alexander McQueen’s last collection that was exhibited at Paris Fashion Week before being reported to have died on February 11, 2010.
6. Officially resigning after 7 years at Herms, Jean Paul Gaultier held fashion show themed cowboy with a collection dominated by leather capes, equestrian boots and a hat with a stage setting made like being in an equestrian arena.
7. Marc Jacobs decided to leave Louis Vuitton after 16 years working together. The Spring/Summer 2014 collection that was exhibited at Paris Fashion Week became fashion show Marc Jacobs’ final design for Louis Vuitton.
8. Karl Lagerfeld turned the Grand Palais into a Chanel Supermarket to showcase the Chanel Autumn/Winter 2014 collection fashion show During this time, Chanel was known to spend up to $12,500.
9. In addition, Karl Lagerfeld also made fashion show Chanel Spring/Summer 2015 collection to support He For She, Emma Watson’s campaign for men and women to understand and support the principles of equality gender.
10. At this year’s Paris Fashion Week, Demna Gvasalia presented the Balenciaga Fall/Winter 2022 collection with a theme inspired by the Ukraine war. Circular stage setting with effects of snow, strong winds and lightning depicting the state of Ukraine during the war.
Also Read: Sean Sheila & Jewel Rocks, Indonesian Brands That Officially ‘Appear’ at PFW
Also Read: 5 Interesting Things in the Balenciaga Fall/Winter 2022 Collection
Also Read: 9 Interesting Things from the Loewe Fall/Winter 2022 Paris Fashion Week Collection