The city is the center of all economic activity, tourism, and entertainment. But apparently, there are also many abandoned cities, due to natural disasters and wars.
Finally, this dead city creates a spooky impression that makes tourists get goosebumps. Curious where? Here are some dead cities in an abandoned world!
1. Residents of Varosha, Republic of Cyprus, fled after Turkish and Greek armies fought in this region. Finally, until recently Varosha was known as an uninhabited city
2. When the nuclear reactor exploded in 1986 in Pripyat, Ukraine, its citizens were moved to another city. Now, the radiation level has decreased, but no one has returned to this city
3. In the late 1800s, Bodie, United States, was a mining town with a high crime rate. After the mining company went bankrupt, everyone left this town
4. Vorkuta, Russia, was once a famous mining city. When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, most of the mines were closed which resulted in the abandonment of the area
5. Initially, Tianducheng, China, was built as a luxury residential area imitating France. The location, which is far from the crowd, makes people not want to live here
Continue reading the article below
6. Wittenoom, Australia, was discovered in 1946 which was used as an asbestos mining town. As the demand for asbestos decreases, residents move from this city
Also read: 10 Most Beautiful Abandoned Places in the World, Far from Scary
7. In 1991 Ashgabat, Turkmenistan was built, which became the city with the most marble buildings in the world. Now, it looks very quiet and calm
8. Craco, Italy, existed long before 1060. Frequent conflicts between the king and the army made residents leave this ghost town
9. Oradour-sur-Glane, France, was occupied by Germany during World War II. Most of its citizens were killed in this war which now looks like a dead city
10. Marina City, Indonesia, is a former gambling city, like Las Vegas, which was abandoned since all gambling activities were banned. Now, there isn’t any activity resembling a ghost town
Of the 10 abandoned dead cities, which one do you dare to visit?
Also Read: 10 Airports from Various Countries Abandoned, Turned into Scary